Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014 Sports Picks

I took the day off yesterday.  I have had a good start going 1-0 for +200 on Thursday.  Overall I am 8-3-1 for +950.  Here is what I'm going with today:

Braves ML -120 $120 to win $100
- Edwin Jackson has been very bad over the past 30 days going 1-3 with a 6.00 ERA in 27 innings.  Mike Minor hasn't been much better (4.91 ERA over last 30 days) but he is a much better pitcher and I like his competitive drive.  He's coming off a very good start against the Mets where he pitched seven innings and gave up just two hits and two runs.  The Braves are tied for first place and the Cubs are in last. 

Cardinals ML -135 $270 to win $200
- I'm really liking these odds with Adam Wainwright on the hill.  Wainwright has a 1.79 ERA on the season and a miniscule 0.59 ERA over the last 30 days!  He has a career 2.17 ERA against the Brewers and has pitched very well on the road this year (1.32 ERA).  If he pitches well today I think he'll start in the All-Star game.  For the Brewers, Jimmy Nelson is making just his second start of the season.  Nelson had very good numbers in triple A but I would rather go with experience over potential in this one. 

Tigers ML +116 $100 to win $116
- The Tigers have been hot winning 7 of there last 10 games and four in a row.  Rick Porcello has been very good over the last 30 days (2.45 ERA).  James Shields hasn't pitched as well over the last 30 days (4.50) and he has poor career numbers against Detroit (4.49 ERA) and in night games (4.66 ERA).  He is however coming off a very strong start against the Rays (7 innings, 3 hits, 0 R) so I couldn't go too crazy with his potential.

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment