Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday October 15, 2014 Sport Picks

I am loving the baseball playoffs so far.  They are entertaining and close.  I also loved watching the Monday night football game last night.  Both teams were super fast and were hitting super hard.  Did anyone else know that?  Kaepernick didn't have much time in the pocket but he made things happen.  It was a great performance on his part.  He sure loves playing indoors on that turf.  For Wednesday, here are the plays I'm going with:

Cardinals +105 $200 to win $210
- St. Louis needs this win and is the better team in this series.  Both teams have been playing at a high level but I love Wong, Carpenter and Adams.  All left handed hitters who get to go against a right handed pitcher in Vogelsong.  Ryan Vogelsong hasn't pitched very well this year but is coming off a good start.  I'm pretty sure that won't be repeated tonight.  He has a 6.17 ERA against the Giants in his career and has struggled a bit lately.  He is 0-3 with a 5.06 ERA over the past 30 days.  Plus left handed hitters have hit much better against him than right (.287 ave. for L vs. .223 for R).  The Cardinals have a lot of good left handed hitters as I have mentioned.  For the Cardinals, Shelby Miller has had an up and down year but he has been pitching very well of late.  He has given up more than two earned runs in only one of his last seven starts (3 ER).   Miller has pitched extremely well of late and has a 1.46 ERA against SF in his career (only two starts).  I like the Cardinals chances in this one to even up the series.

Cardinals vs. Giants under 7 EVEN $150 to win $150
-Last night we saw 9 runs scored but we are in a pitcher's park in the national league in cool weather.  Both pitchers have the ability to pitch well and I think this game will finish at something like 4-2 (Cards).  But I must admit it was impressive on how hard the Giant's hit the ball in first inning last night.  Pence had a great double down the right field line on an 0-2 pitch.  I don't have a whole lot of research that goes into this pick..I just have a feeling about it. 

I may have a pick on the Royals vs. O's game once the line has been posted.  

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment