Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7, 2013 Sports Picks

Yesterday I went 1-3 for -160.  Tonight we have a lot of very good games and I'm looking forward to it.  Here's what I'm going with:

Redskins -1 $330 to win $300
- The Vikings had a pulse last week against Dallas and almost pulled off the win.  They are home and Washington hasn't been all these good this year.  However, I've seen a lot of life in the Redskins team over the past few weeks.  They beat Chicago a few weeks ago in a very high scoring game, they had a 2nd half lead over the best team in football and last week they showed a lot of heart by beating San Diego.  Last year, the Vikings didn't have an answer for RG3 and I can't get that game out of my head.  Ponder is the worst starting QB in the NFL and the Vikings defense is pathetic. 

Redskins +5.5 / Over 42.5 6.5 teaser $200 to win $154
- I like the Skins and the over in this game but I wasn't super confident in the over so getting the extra points is very nice.  Both teams don't play defense so we should see a lot of points scored.  But playing on Thursday night does scare me.  

Baylor -13.5 (but 1 pt) -132 $264 to win $200
- Baylor has been dominant at home averaging 71 points in those games.  They are fun to watch on offense.  There defense isn't great but they are good enough.  Oklahoma has played well over its last two games but I can't get that Texas game out of my head where Oklahoma was completely dominated.  They also only beat TCU by three.  I say Baylor rolls 52-31.

Baylor vs. Okl over 74 -110 $110 to win $100
- Baylor averages over 70 points by themselves at home.  Oklahoma has been scoring more lately. Last week they put up 36 against TX Tech.  

LA Lafayette -13.5 $220 to win $200
- Lafayette has been playing great ball this year and especially lately.  Two weeks ago they had an impressive 23-7 win over Arkansas St on the road.  The week before that they beat Western Kentucky 37-20 on the road.  At home they beat Texas St 48-24 and most recently beat New Mexico St 49-35.  They can put up points and also play defense.  Troy has been a mess all year.  They are coming off losses against Western Kentucky and LA Monroe.  LA Laf wins easily 45-24. 

Stanford +10.5 $330 to win $300
- This was a hard one for me.  My heart says just go Oregon.  They are the best team in college football.  But my analysis says you should take Stanford with the points.  Stanford has a great defense and if any team can stop Oregon its the Cardinal.  Stanford beat Arizona St 42-28 at home and I see a lot of similarities with AZ St and Oregon.  Stanford recently held UCLA to 10 points in their last home game.  Oregon had a little trouble last week with UCLA before pulling away late.  I still think Oregon will win but this is likely to be a close game.  Oregon wins 35-31.

Redskins +7.5 / Baylor -4.5 / Stanford +20.5 10 pt teaser $260 to win $200
- Just a teaser to get some extra points in case I'm wrong on any of these spreads.

Oregon vs. Stanford over 61.5 $220 to win $200
- Every game Oregon has played has been over 62 except last week against UCLA (56).  I actually see a lot of scoring in this one but it should end right around the total.  I was just feeling conviction about this when I put it in.  

Bruins -265 $265 to win $100
- Boston is 4-3 at home and Florida is 1-4 on the road. FL has lost 6 in a row and Boston has lost 2 in a row and needs this win.

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment