Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13th Sports Picks

I broke my four day winning streak yesterday as I went 2-3 for -166.  That late home run by the Astros hurt me and turned my winning day into a losing day.  Here are my picks for tonight:

Nationals under 6.5 EVEN $120 to win $120
- This game features two of the best lefties in the game.  Geo Gonzalez has very good numbers against the Giants (1.23 last game, 2.87 career).  He is good at home (3.03) and has only given up more than 2 runs three times this year and more than 3 runs once.  Bumgarner has been very consistent as well and has only given up more than 2 runs once this year.  His last game vs. the Nationals he only gave up 4 hits and 1 run in 7 innings.  He has a 2.65 ERA in his career against the Nats.  


Braves / A's Parlay -121 $180 to win $149
- The Braves and A's are huge favorites (-250/-330) today and for good reason.  The Braves got shut down yesterday against Hamel but today they get a much different pitcher in Ethan Martin who gave up 6 ER in 4.1 innings against the Braves on August 2nd.  Medlen has been average this year but has won three straight.  Oakland is pitching Colon who has been great this year (2.75 ERA) and Houston has been struggling.  Lyles has been really bad of late and I'm guessing the A's bats will destroy him.

Rays -1.5 -110 $165 to win $150
- I really like Chris Archer.  He has a 2.37 ERA at home.  Ramirez has a 7.13 ERA.  He hasn't pitched well in any of his starts this year despite being 3-0.  Tampa will get back on the winning track tonight after struggling against the red hot Dodgers in LA. 

Tigers -190 $330 to win $174
-Detroit is coming off a loss but they are still one of the hottest teams in baseball.  Cabrera and Hunter are locked in right now and that's very bad news for the lefty Santiago.  Also, I love Scherzer who should easily be the AL Cy Young this year.  I'm banking on him moving to 18-1 after tonight's game is over. 

Marlins +1.5 -200 $200 to win $100
-  I'm a huge fan of Jose Fernandez.  He has only given up 91 hits in 132.2 innings this year.  He has a 2.58 ERA and his team has only lost by more than one run in Fernandez's starts this year.  He is capable of shutting any team out.  On the other side, Chen has been very good as well and the Under is looking good.  I'm banking on a close low scoring game here.

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment