Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21st Sports Picks

Things have not been going well for me lately.  Baseball can be like that.  All you can do is do the research and put your money in the appropriate team.  I feel very good about my picks today:

Tigers -1.5 -130 $260 to win $200
-Sanchez has been outstanding this year (2.50 ERA) and especially over six starts.  I don't see this trend stopping tonight against the Twins.  Sanchez has a 1.98 ERA at home and a 2.80 career ERA against the Twins.  Correia has not pitched well.  This is an easy one. 

Braves -144 $288 to win $200
- I'm a huge fan of Alex Wood.  He has a 2.61 ERA on the season and has pitched outstanding over his last three starts.  The Mets are actually worse at home and Niese really struggled against Atlanta in his last start against them on 6/20 (8 hits, 3 ER, 3.1 Innings). 

O's -115 $230 to win $200
- I'm going with Baltimore again.  The pitching matchup favors the O's today.  Chen has been solid this year, especially at home (3.15 ERA).  Hellickson has struggled this year, especially over his last four starts.  He has a 5.40 ERA on the road.  Baltimore is going to win at least one game this series and tonight is the night. 

Royals -1.5 +115 $150 to win $172.50
- I lost this bet last night and I'm going back to it today.  I just think the Royals have the better team and the better starting pitcher tonight.  I see them winning tonight 6-3.

Indians -135 $135 to win $100
-  Justin Masterson has put together a very good season and the Angels have some injuries.  Jerome Williams isn't very good and the Indians are hot. 

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment