Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30th Sports Picks

I went 3-2 yesterday for a +190.  Here are my initial picks for today.  I may add some college football.

Pirates -119 $200 to win $168
- I'm going with The Franchise to take care of business against Shelby Miller and the Cards tonight in Pittsburgh.  Liriano is 7.1 with a 1.39 ERA at home and he also have a career ERA of 1.57 against St. Louis.  Pittsburgh has the bats to run up the score against Miller who has struggled against Pittsburgh in his 3 starts (0-3, 4.08 ERA) and on the road (4.04 ERA). 

Marlins +1.5 -195 $200 to win $102.50
- I really wanted to take Miami at +125 straight up because I like Fernandez so much but Atlanta and Teheran could win this game.  I think this will be a low scoring game of something around 3-2 so the under would be tempting as well.  Fernandez has won three straight and has a 2.30 ERA on the season.  I personally would rate Jose as one of the top three pitchers at the present time.

Dodgers -200 $400 to win $200
- LA is at home where they are 40-28 on the season and Ryu has been good (but not great).  For San Diego, Eric Stults started off the season really well but has regressed over his last 7 starts.  Stults has a 4.93 ERA on the road.  Ryu has a 2.12 ERA at home. 

Red Sox / Rangers Parlay $150 to win $161
- I don't think the Rangers will lose tonight against the Twins with Darvish but at -300 I couldn't bet it straight up.  Boston is coming off a tough series against Baltimore.  The good news for them is they have the White Sox coming to town who are 24-42 on the road.

Angels -125 $125 to win $100
- Weaver is pitching and that's the only reason I'm betting the Angels.  He gets to face the Brewers who can hit from time to time but Peralta has been a mess lately.  He is 1-4 over his last six starts.  

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment