Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 27th Sports Picks

I had another winning day yesterday as I went 3-2 for a gain of $267.  I like a few more games today and here are my picks:

Mets -130 $130 to win $100
- I like the Mets in this one.  NY is home and they have Jonathon Niese pitching who has been very good since May 16th and especially in his last two starts.  Kendrick has really struggled over his last 10 starts with the exception of one or two starts.  Good value here with NY.

Reds -108 $170 to win $157
- Matt Latos has been on fire over his last 7 starts and has been going deep into games.  He has the stuff to shut out any team.  Joe Kelly has been good for the Cardinals but his consistency can be questioned and he'll have to face a tough Reds lineup today.

Reds vs. Cards under 7.5 -105 $180 to win $172

- See above.  Both Latos and Kelly have been pitching well so this should be a lower scoring game.  You should be able to get in on the under 8 now but I locked in at the 7.5 early this morning.

Dodgers -1.5 -145 $290 to win $200

- Kershaw is pitching and he's home which is bad news for the Cubs but good news for people putting money on the Dodgers.  I saw the over/under was at 5.5 last night.  I don't remember seeing that low a number and if I were to do anything it would be the over because the Dodgers will win 5-1.

Tigers / White Sox Parlay $150 to win $187

- I think both teams should win but my confidence level isn't as high.  It just seems like this will hit today.  Detroit and Chicago lost yesterday in games I thought they would win.  Both teams are playing very well have have pitchers who should dominant the opposing teams.  Verlander has been so inconsistent but has pitched a lot of good games recently.

Rangers vs. Mariners under 7 EVEN $100 to win $100

- I like this game to stay under 7 mainly because of the starting pitching with Holland and Iwakuma.  Both guys have been pitching well and have been very stingy in terms of giving up hits and runs.  Its a small bet because my confidence isn't high but I couldn't pass it up.

Braves -150 $300 to win $200

- Alex Wood is pitching for the Braves and he continues to be one of the better pitchers in the league.  Over his last four starts he has given up hits of 2, 2, 5, and 6 while averaging just over 6 innings.  He has only 4 walks and 3 earned runs during that stretch.  

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment