Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013 Sports Picks

I had an incredible day yesterday going 7-0 for +1,227.  I've been on fire lately.  I hope my run can continue.  My plays for Tuesday are:

Nationals (Roark G2) -125 $125 to win $100
- Roark is 6-0 with a 1.30 ERA on the season.  He has pitched very well in his two starts giving up 2 runs, 10 hits in 12 innings.  Washington needs this win if they are going to stay in the wild card hunt.  The Braves are very good as well but they don't play as well on the road. 

Nationals G2 under 8.5 -115 $230 to win $200
- Both Roark and Garcia have been pitching well lately and 8.5 runs is a lot for a national league game with the wind blowing in.

Pirates -170 $340 to win $200
- I really like Locke even though he has struggled since the All-Star break. Locke has put together two good starts and is coming off a 7 inning, 3 hit, 1 run win over the Cubs.  The Pirates just got shut out and will be motivated to win this game to keep their lead in the Central.  Eric Stults has really struggled after his first half and has a 4.91 ERA on the road.

Cardinals -140 $280 to win $200
- St. Louis wants this win and will be giving their best effort.  They won't be playing tight because its not like they need to win to make the playoffs or anything at this point.  I really like how Joe Kelly has been pitching lately.  Over his last 10 starts Kelly has given up more than 2 runs only twice (3,4) and has a 2.02 ERA on the road.  Pitching in Colorado might be tricky but the Cardinals have the offensive fire power to put up some runs against Juan Nicasio and the Rockies.  Nicasio has pitched well but is a risk to give up a lot of runs if he isn't on.  I'm also considering the under 10 in this game as well. 

Dodgers +105 $150 to win $156
- Getting the Dodgers at positive juice with Greinke pitching can't be ignored.  However, as I stated last night, the Dodgers have some injury concerns so be careful here.  Matt Kemp could be back starting tonight (or soon) which could benefit LA even more.  Ramirez and Ethier have been out with injuries but Puig was back last night.  Corbin has struggled a little over the past six starts but had a really good outing in his last start, against the Dodgers.  I think with the pitching edge the Dodgers should be able to win this game.  The under is another strong play as well and I will most likely add a small bet on this. 

Tigers -1.5 -135 $210 to win $156
- Sanchez has been great lately (and all season).  He has a 2.41 ERA at home and 2.50 ERA overall.  He had a lot of success against the Mariners in his last start against them (6 innings, 6 hit, 1 run, 6 Ks).  Seattle is pitching Brandon Maurer who has a 7.18 ERA.  Why is this guy still in the big leagues?  Detroit should put up plenty of runs tonight.

Reds -1.5 -110 $110 to win $100
- Small bet on this because I picked up Mike Leake on my fantasy team.  The Reds had their way with the Astros last night and Leake has pitched well in his last two starts.

For my fanduel.com team I like the value with Jeff Locke (5,800) or would go with Sanchez (9,800).  At C I like Perez (3,500), Molina (3,200) or Victor Martinez (3,100).  At 1B I like David Ortiz (4,100), Prince Fielder (4,100) or Adam Dunn (2,600).  At 2B I like Altuve (3,100), Phillips (3,100) or LeMahieu (2,900).  At 3B I like Machado (3,400) and Plouffe (2,700).  At SS I like Tulowitzki (3,500) or Segura (2,300).  In the OF I like Bruce (3,800), Stanton (4,400), Crisp (4,300), Beltran (3,500), Adam Jones (3,500), Willingham (2,700) and Arcia (2,500).

If you want to get in on the action with Fanduel you can use this link to get an extra $10 free for signing up (on top of the regular bonus):
https://www.fanduel.com/?invitedby=jonnyg414&cnl=da

Good luck all.

Jonny

1 comment: