Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013 Sports Picks

After a long winning streak I came crashing down yesterday going 1-6 for -1,526.  It was a rough day/night as I was on my way to winning every single game but the closers blew it in the ninth.  The A's were up 4-2 in the ninth before a game tying home run by Hamilton.  The Pirates were up 2-1 with two outs in the ninth and then Melancon gave up two hits and two runs to lose 3-2.  The Giants were up 4-0 and then the Mets, of all teams, score 1 run in the 8th and then 4 in the ninth to win 5-4.  The Red Sox lose in extra innings 5-3.  At least the Cardinals held on to win 4-3 over the Rockies.  Overall this has been one of the worst nights I have ever had.  I know I can't control what happens in the game and I can only put my money in the appropriate play based on the stats.  I'm not going to be discouraged as I am still way up over the past six days. 

Here are my picks for Thursday:

NFL:

Eagles -175 $350 to win $200
-  Philadelphia has a great offense but has struggled on defense.  I think they will make some adjustments on defense and come out and play much better tonight.  Michael Vick has had success under the lights so I'm putting my money on the Eagles at home.

Eagles +3.5 / Over 44.5 6.5 Teaser $150 to win $125
- I think the Eagles will win straight up but if they lose it will probably be by 3 points.  They like to run a lot of plays and score as many points as possible.  Last week they put up 66 points so getting over 45 shouldn't be a problem.  

MLB:

Pirates -170 $510 to win $300
- I'm a huge fan of Gerrit Cole.  Cole has electric stuff.  I just can't see the Pirates getting swept at home against the Padres.  I think the offense wakes up against Ian Kennedy who sports a 4.85 ERA. 

Giants -142 $426 to win $300
- San Fransisco is the superior team and they have their best pitcher going in Bumgarner.  Bumgarner has only given up more than 3 earned runs in 4 starts this season and all of those runs were given up earlier this season.  Over his last 6 starts, he has given up less hits than innings in all of those starts. He also has a 2.20 ERA in day games.  For the Mets, Niese has pitched well for the most part but he has a tough test against all the good right handed hitters the Giants have.  Niese has a 4.48 ERA in day games. 

Cardinals -1.5 -120 $240 to win $200
- St. Louis has a great offense and Roy Oswalt has pitched very poorly.  He's 0-6 with a 7.71 ERA on the season.  In his one start at home he gave up 5 earned runs in 5 innings.  For the Cardinals, Michael Wacha is coming off three outstanding starts where he gave up 2 runs, 9 hits in 18 innings.

Tigers/A's Parlay $200 to win $225
- Both teams are big favorites and for good reason.  Detroit wants this win badly after getting beat last night and Fister is coming off a very good start against the Royals.  Fister is better in home games and in day games.  For Oakland, Straily is 4-0 over his last four starts and has been very stingy in terms of giving up hits.  Minnesota is a mess right now and the A's need this win.  

Indians -240 $720 to win $300
- Jimenez has been one of the best pitchers in the game over the past 30 days.  He has given up just one earned run over his last three starts.  The Indians need this win and are at home against the Astros.  Keuchel has really struggled over his last two starts given up 11 earned runs in 9 innings.  Its a lot of juice but its worth the risk in this game.

NCAA:

Clemson -13.5 (buy 0.5 pt) -125 $250 to win $200
- Clemson is a very good team and they can put up points very quickly.  NC State didn't play very last week and just barely got by Richmond winning 23-21.  Clemson is 5-1 ATS in its last six road games and 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings at North Carolina State.
 
Jonny

1 comment:

  1. I think Detroit will win this time they were beaten last night. I will still root for them to win this game.

    sports picks | free picks

    ReplyDelete