Friday, September 20, 2013

September 20, 2013 Sports Picks

I had an up and down day yesterday.  I was very successful in MLB going 4-1 for +885.  I lost my NFL and NCAA bets going 0-3 for -750.  Overall on the night I finished +135.  Not too bad.  For Friday these are the games I'm going with:

Phillies -210 $630 to win $300
- Cole Hamels has been outstanding over his last 10 starts.  Hamels hasn't given up more than 3 runs in any of those starts and only gave up more than 2 runs twice.  The Phillies have won seven straight games in Hamels' starts.  The Mets are pitching Daisuke Matsuzaka who hasn't pitched well this year.  He is coming off two pretty good starts but there's no way he keeps that going.

Cardinals -170 $340 to win $200
- St. Louis is playing good ball and they are fighting for a division championship.  Shelby Miller has pitched well over the past 30 days and he has gone 3-1 over that period.  For the Brewers, Hellweg hasn't pitched well at all this year and sports a 8.31 ERA.  Its likely that the Cardinals offense will hit this guy pretty hard.

Nationals / Indians Parlay $200 to win $192
- I really like both teams who are home and are playing well.  The Nationals have Zimmerman pitching who has been arguably their best pitcher this season.  Zimmerman has a 2.82 ERA at home and over the past 30 days he is 4-1.  The Marlin's Turner hasn't pitched more than 6 innings in any of his last seven starts.  His ERA has increased from 2.49 to 3.51 over his last nine starts. For the Indians, McAllister is coming off a very good start and the Indians just seem to find a way to win.  They get to play Houston in game one of the series and I have a feeling they will be pumped up to win this game after a walk off win last night. 

Tigers / A's Parlay $300 to win $262
- The Tigers are a lock with Scherzer vs. The White Sox and Rienzo.  The A's play well at home and the Twins are not very good right now.  Colon has been great this year and I am visualizing him shutting out the Twins in Oakland.

Red Sox -1.5 -120 $240 to win $200
- Boston is very good at home and Lester has been amazing lately.  Over the past 30 days, Lester is 3-1 with a 2.83 ERA.  Lester is also much better at home (3.25 ERA).

SF Giants +130 $150 to win $195
- The Yankees needs this win and they have their Ace on the hill.  The bad news for New York is that Sabathia has struggled all year.  Over the last 30 days he has a 5.23 ERA.  For the Giants, Tim Lincecum is 4-0 over the last 30 days and you can tell he is back on his game.  The Giants are one of the hottest teams right now and I will take them at +130.

Fresno St -190 $380 to win $200
- Fresno St. has been putting up a lot of points so far this year and Boise has not impressed me so far.  I'll take the home team in this spot.

Jonny

3 comments:

  1. what do you think about that pitching change for the white sox for the get/cws game today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it matters who is pitching for Chicago. My original bet will be canceled due to the pitching change. I'll try to get in on my original parlay but may just pass on Detroit since its -320. Jonny

    ReplyDelete