Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2013 Sports Picks

I had an up and down day yesterday going 3-4 for -235.  For today, here are my picks:

Cardinals vs. Reds under 7.5 -120 $180 to win $150
- Zimmerman has been very good this year and is coming off a 2 hit shutout in his last start.  Shelby Miller started off really good but struggled for a bit and is now pitching at a high level again.  He has a 1.77 ERA at home this year.

Braves -155 $240 to win $155
- Atlanta is hot right now and they need to keep winning if they want to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs.  Paul Maholm is 6-2 with a 2.18 ERA at home this year.  Lohse has had a few shaky starts lately.

Phillies -140 $200 to win $143
- I wanted to go bigger here with Hamels pitching but the Phillies offense has really struggled lately.  Hamels wants to end his season on a positive note and he's got the Marlins to do it against.  Miami has struggled offensively as well.  In Hamels last start against Miami he threw 7 innings and gave up just 4 hits and 1 run.  He also struck out 11 in that game.

Indians -125 $250 to win $200
- Cleveland is very hot right now and they won a game yesterday that they should have lost.  They bring that momentum into tonight's game against Axelrod and the White Sox.  I think we see a blow out here.  Danny Salazar has electric stuff and should shut down Chicago for the 4-5 innings he pitches.

Indians / Rangers parlay $150 to win $128
- Both teams are big favorites and I wanted to do a Rangers play and this seemed to be the best option.

Red Sox -112 $224 to win $200
- Boston is coming off a loss and they are too good to lose two in a row against the Rockies.

Jonny

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jonny I've been checking your posting. They look good. I've been down a bit on my picks and I've been in a slump. Several people call it a tilt when you've had a bad losing streak. However you've carried yourself up and never give up. I should have taken your picks. How do you select your games. I took the reds thinking they would win and the A's and both of them lost. Thanks again Keep it Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I pick my games based on what advantage I have. For baseball I check the starting pitching stats over the past 30 and 15 days. I check home vs. away stats and ERAs against the opponent. Also, if you can I would check the lineups before placing the bets. Late in the season can be tricky as teams may rest certain key players. Football is a little different as its more a team cap. You check how the teams play at home vs. away and against that opponent. Injuries are also key. But at the end of the day if you follow the teams/sports you generally get a feeling/vision of what will happen and you go with it. Trust your instincts. I've struggled in NFL early in the season but it will get better as more games are played.

      Delete
  2. it's 4:21pm!!! what happened bro?!?!? keep up the good work, i check it daily.

    ReplyDelete