Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 Sports Picks

I had an up and down weekend but overall it was a positive weekend.  Now that football is back I'll be increasing the size of my bets.  Yesterday I was 7-3 in NFL for +563 and 3-1 in MLB for +350.  Here are my picks for tonight:

NFL:

Redskins -175 $175 to win $100
- I really wanted to go with the Eagles but based on last year the Redskins should win and they have home field advantage.  This is a small bet just to make it interesting. 

Eagles vs. Redskins over 52 -110 $110 to win $100
- Chip Kelly likes to run a lot of plays so we should see some quick scores and a high scoring game.  

Texans -210 $420 to win $200
-San Diego was very bad last year and I don't think they will be all that much better this year.  Houston is very good and should be able to win this one with a great mix of run and pass plays and a strong defense. 

MLB:

Nationals -150 $150 to win $100
- Washington looks to be out of the playoff hunt but they are not eliminated and will need to win this game (and every game) if they are going to make up the 8 games.  Gio Gonzalez is 4-1 against the Mets in his career and threw a 3 hit 2 run game his his last start vs New York. 

Dodgers -160 $320 to win $200
- LA has a long flight but they will have time to rest up for their home game against the Diamondbacks.  Nolasco has been one of the best pitchers in all of baseball over his last six starts and has been very good at Dodgers stadium.  Delgado hasn't pitched well lately and struggled in his last start against LA (6 inn, 11 hits, 3 runs). 

Indians -109 $218 to win $200
- I feel like I'm getting good value on my baseball games today.  Getting Cleveland at home at -109 is a steal.  Jimenez has pitched very well over his last 8 starts and he has given up more than 2 runs just once in those starts (3).  Santana hasn't pitched as well as he was earlier this season.

Angels -164 $328 to win $200
- Jered Weaver is a very good pitcher and has had a lot of success against the Twins in his career.  For the Twins, Pedro Hernandez is on the bump.  I'm visualizing Trout and Trumbo going yard tonight.  I started playing fanduel recently and both Trout and Trumbo are in my lineup for tonight.  If you haven't played its a lot of fun.  If you sign up using the below link you'll get $10 extra free (on top of the regular bonus).  Go to:


Astros +1.5 -150 $150 to win $100
- I picked up Jarred Cosart on my fantasy baseball team and I'm expecting good things from him and the Astros tonight against Seattle.  Cosart has pitched very well as season and gets to pitch in Seattle and Cosart has a 1.38 ERA on the road.  Taijuan Walker is a bit of an unknown and I haven't seen him pitch but Houston actually has some pretty good bats.  I see a one run game or a Houston win tonight.
Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment