Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24, 2013 Sports Picks

I got back on track yesterday going 5-1 for +732.  For today here are the games I'm going with:

Braves -144 $288 to win $200
- Atlanta still needs to play hard because they want to get that #1 seed.  They may rest one starter a day but we won't see anything like what LA did a few days ago.  Looks like they have their full lineup in tonight.  Freddy Garcia has been pitching great and I think he just earned a spot in the playoff rotation.  Over his last two starts Freddy has given up just 2 earned runs and 12 hits in 13 innings.  He gets the light hitting Brewers at home tonight.  Milwaukee is actually playing pretty good ball lately but their streak won't last. 

Reds -185 $370 to win $200
- Cincinnati has been playing very well lately and they are home with Mike Leake on the hill.  Leake is coming off three outstanding starts in a row and sports a 1.31 career ERA against the Mets.  For the Mets, Niese has pitched well but he has struggled on the road and has a 5.66 ERA in those starts.  

Pirates -153 $306 to win $200
- Pittsburgh is still fighting for the division and they aren't resting guys right now.  I'm a huge fan of Gerrit Cole who has been money lately.  In his last start he threw 6 innings, gave up 4 hits, 1 run and struck out 12.  The guy is amazing.  He has been hitting 97 and hitting his corners.  The Cubs don't have a chance as long as the Pirate bats can wake up.  
 
Indians -1.5 -115 $115 to win $100
- Cleveland is one of the hottest teams right now.  I can't bet against them so might as well bet with them.  They get one of the worst teams in all of baseball tonight and Jimenez has been pitching great.  Over his last four starts he has only given up 2 runs.  I'm not sure why I'm not going more on this game. 
 
O's -1.5 +130 $100 to win $130
- I'm not sure why I'm doing this bet other than I really love the O's and wish they would have made the playoffs.  The preasure is off and they can just relax and put up some serious runs tonight.  The Blue Jays have some many injuries their team looks like the Buffalo Bisons.  Tillman has been good for Baltimore this year and I'm sure he is motivated to win his last two starts to get to 18 wins. 
 
Tigers -200 $200 to win $100
- Detroit is still playing for playoff seeding and the Twins are not very good.  I have Fister starting tonight in my fantasy championship so I need him to do well!  
 
Red Sox -150 $150 to win $100
- Boston is my favorite to win the World Series.  They want to lock up the #1 seed in the AL.  Lackey has had a very good season and is coming off a 9 inning, 2 hit, 1 run win over Baltimore.  Colorado is not very good but you never know at Coors.  
 
Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment