Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013 Sports Picks

I had another good day yesterday, mainly because the 49ers took care of business.  I went 2-3 for +$695.  It would have been $260 higher if the Indians didn't blow a 6-1 lead in the 9th to only win 6-5.  That Pinto home run with two outs hurt.  But at least I made some good coin.  Here are my plays for today:

Cardinals -180 $180 to win $100
- St. Louis looks to lock up the division tonight against the Cubs.  The Cards have been playing really good ball and Lynn has pitched well.  He is coming off three very strong starts in which he gave up 5, 6, 4 hits and 0, 2, 1 runs.  For the Cubs, Travis Wood has had a really nice season but he has struggled against St. Louis in his career (4.80 ERA). 
 
Red Sox -128 $200 to win $156
- Boston is still fighting for the #1 seed and I think they really need that #1 seed.  They are my favorites to win the world series this year but having home field advantage is important.  Clay Buchholz has been one of the best pitchers in all of baseball this year and he is 5-0 with a 0.95 ERA on the road this year.  Baltimore is out of the playoffs and I don't see them getting up for this game.
 
Indians -180 $180 to win $100
- Cleveland should have won 6-1 last night but blew the lead in the ninth.  Perez shouldn't be closing for such a good club.  I'm a big fan of Corey Kluber who is 3-0 over his last four starts since coming off the DL.  Cleveland needs this win and I think they get it against MN and Pedro Hernandez.  Hernandez is coming off a game in which he pitched 2 innings and gave up 8 hits and 6 earned runs.  He has a 6.10 career ERA against the Indians.
 
Tigers -160 $320 to win $200
- Detroit still have a shot at the #1 seed or at least the #2 seed so they will be motivated to win tonight.  Porcello has actually pitched very well lately.  I had locked this in earlier today but just realized that Porcello was scratched because he won't be starting in the playoffs.  This bet will be canceled but I may still do this game with the revised odds so check back.

I will most likely add a game or two later.

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment