Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013 Sports Picks

I had a rough day yesterday.  I was completely wrong about the Texans and the Vikings.  Overall I went 5-10 for -1467 for my posted picks.  I was able to salvage a really bad day by adding a few bets on the later games (SEA/SF Parlay, Dallas ML, Dallas +.5 / Over 46.5 6 pt teaser) but it was still a bad day.  NFL can be really tricky because whichever team prepares and executes the best will win.  Its not always easy to predict but the more information you have is key.  For tonight I'm going with these:

Cardinals -124 $620 to win $500
Cardinals -1.5 +135 $100 to win $135
- Wainwright pitched amazing in his last start against Pittsburgh and he is a big game pitcher.  I can't bet against him and if Haney Ramirez doesn't play this is a no brainer.  The Cardinals can hit and Ryu had a horrible game in his last start.  I know the Dodgers are down 0-2 in the series but I just can't see them winning this game.  Wainwright isn't as good on the road or in night games but he seems to be completely focused in right now and pitching the best he has all year.  Ryu is better at home (2.32 ERA) and did pitch a good game against the Cardinals earlier this year but I can't go against the hotter team with the hotter pitcher. 

Colts -2 -110 $220 to win $200
- This is a really tough game to handicap.  The Colts are coming off a huge win against the Seahawks last week so they could have a let down.  The Chargers are coming off a disappointing loss against the Raiders last week.  Overall, the Colts are much better than the Chargers and Andrew Luck seems to be clicking with his receivers right now so I'm going to take the chance with them. 

Indy +4.5 / Over 43.5 6.5 teaser $240 to win $200
- I think this will be a somewhat high scoring game and the Colts should at least keep this close.  

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment