Friday, October 4, 2013

October 5, 2013 Sports Picks

I went 4-0 for +715.50 in MLB but went 0-2 in NCAAF for -310.  Overall I finished up $405.50 on the day.  Not too bad.  I was excited that Nevada came back but it sucks they didn't get the ball first in OT.  If they did I probably would have won that bet.

Its Saturday and I have a lot of games on my card.  I never liked college football but started to really get into it about five years ago.  I know how to make money by taking teams that are locks to win and parlay them with other locks.  I also will select spreads or over/unders on games I feel confident about.  Here are my plays for Saturday:

MLB:

Red Sox +107 $200 to win $214
- Boston is my favorite team right now and I really enjoyed watching their game today.   They are home underdogs which is very odd considering they are one of the best home teams in the league.  The fact that David Price is coming off a complete game victory actually makes me like Boston even more.  I watched him pitch in that game and I didn't think he was as dominant as he's been in the past and I could tell he was getting tired.  I think Joe Madden will regret leaving him in so long after Saturday's game.  Lackey has been a surprise this year and finished the season with a very good 3.52 ERA.  Lackey has been outstanding at home going 6-3 with a 2.47 ERA. 

NCAAF:

Miami ML -240 $720 to win $300
Miami -6.5 -110 $110 to win $100
- Miami is 4-0 and plays very well at home.  They beat a very good Florida team in week two.  Georgia Tech hasn't looked as good this year and lost at home last week against Virginia Tech. 

Iowa -1 -110 $165 to win $150
- I really like what I've seen from Iowa so far this year.  Jake Rudock is the real deal and Michigan St doesn't have an offense.

Cincinnati / Clemson Parlay $500 to win $234
- Cincy plays South Florida who are one of the worst teams in college football and Clemson is one of the best teams in the nation.  I can't picture either team losing on Saturday.

Illinois +15.5 / Ball St +10.5 / FL St -9.5 6.5 Teaser $200 to win $280
- I haven't been very good on my teasers so far but I like Illinois and Ball St to cover the original spread and I think Florida St wins by two touchdowns.

Florida  / LSU Parlay $350 to win $186
- Florida looks very good and have an outstanding defense.  Arkansas is better this year but they have lost two straight and will lose again on Saturday.  LSU looked very good last week at Georgia and that game could have gone either way.  Mississippi St is 2-2 and recently lost to Auburn.  LSU is much better than Auburn.   

Georgia / No. Illinois Parlay $200 to win $130
- Georgia is a very strong team and is coming off a big win over LSU.  This week they get a much weaker opponent in Tennessee.  They need to keep winning if they want to play in a BCS bowl so they won't take this game lightly.  Northern Illinois is a very good team and they completely dominated Purdue last week and they also beat a good Iowa team earlier this year.   This week they get the 2-3 Kent State who aren't very good.

Oklahoma  / Ohio ST Parlay $300 to win $220
- Oklahoma really impressed me last week in their win against Notre Dame.  TCU is always good but they are just 2-2 this year and lost to LSU at home and Texas Tech on the road.  I feel more confident in Ohio St to beat Northwestern.  The Buckeyes are 5-0 and have a very strong offense and good defense.   Northwestern will put up a fight but in the end Ohio State moves on with hopes of a National Championship.

Oregon -39 -110 $165 to win $150
- Oregon probably is the best team in the country and they love to blow their opposition out.  Colorado isn't all that bad but they did just get blown out by Oregon State.

Ole Miss -3 -110 $110 to win $100
- Ole Miss looked okay against Alabama last week but no one is going to beat Alabama.  Prior to that game Mississippi won two tough road games against Vandy and Texas and they week they get to play Auburn who isn't very good.

Stanford -330 $660 to win $200
- Stanford has been playing great ball and they'll be tough to beat at home.  Washington is good as well but home field advantage will be big in this game. 

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment