Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2, 2013 Sports Picks

I lost both my bets yesterday for -$530.  Cueto lost his focus with the crowd chanting his name and mocking him.  I overlooked that aspect of the game but normally players learn to completely block that noise out.  Cueto was missing his spots all night and Liriano looked like Cy Young.  I'm glad Pitt won but I don't like losing $500.

For tonight, here are my picks:

Indians +105 $400 to win $420
Indians +1.5 -160 $1,280 to win $800

The Rays looked good against the Rangers on Monday night however they had their best pitcher going (Price) and the Rangers haven't been as good over the past three weeks.  Tonight, the Rays have Cobb pitching who I'm a big fan of.  I have nothing bad to say about Cobb as he has good numbers on the road and against the Indians this year.  I'm going with the Indians for a few reasons.  #1. They have been the hottest team in all of baseball going 10-0 over their last 10 games.  Yes, they didn't play the best competition but normally teams fighting for a playoff spot have struggled against teams with nothing to lose.  They really impressed me and I don't think they all of sudden let off the gas tonight.  #2 If you haven't heard of Danny Salazar I think you'll be surprised with the stuff this kid has.  He's young and talented.  I do have some worries since he is so young and could crack under the pressure but #3 the Indians do have home field advantage and that should help a lot tonight.  The Indians are 51-30 at home this year and Tampa is 41-41 on the road. 

NHL:

Red Wings -190 $380 to win $200
- I'm not much of an NHL fan but I do place some bets and Detroit is much better than Buffalo and I think they win their first game at home.  

Jonny

2 comments:

  1. Jonny, is he younger then the texas pitcher. Is he consistent? I like the Indians too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonny the two young pitcher got rocked. I'm not a fan of both teams. I'm a dodger fan but we should have learned from the first game not to take the inexperience pitcher in the playoffs. Like Price commented everyone is doubting the Rays. Hopefully their not the SF Giants for 2013 or start betting on them and Win Big on the Series. Rays have nothing to lose

    ReplyDelete