Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8, 2013 Sports Picks

I had a very bad day yesterday.  It started out with the Tigers losing to the A's.  I was surprised that Sanchez had a bad game.  I felt very confident in the Rays under 7 bet as both Cobb and Buchholz are very good and were hitting their spots all day.  The ump had a very tight strike zone and a big three run home run by Longoria hurt.  I went big on the Falcons and I really felt they would have no trouble winning that game at home on Monday night against the Jets.  The Jets have not impressed me this year but last night they did.  They played great.  At the end of the day I went 2-5 for -1640.  I hurts but at least I'm still up over the past three days.  For today I like these:

A's +1.5 -155 $465 to win $300
- Even though the Tigers are better on paper I think its the A's year.  Miguel Cabrera still isn't 100% and that's really affecting the offense of the Tigers.  Fister has really struggled over the past two months and has struggled against the A's this year (12.60 ERA).  In his start against the A's in Detroit he gave up 13 hits and 7 earned runs in 5 innings.  Straily has looked very good and hasn't given up more than 2 earned runs over his last 6 starts.  He pitched against Fister in the 8/28 game and won giving up just 1 run over 6 innings. 

A's vs. Tigers over 8 -105 $210 to win $200
- Both teams can hit and will be facing the # 4 starters.  

Rays +1.5 -155 $310 to win $200
- I really wanted to bet on the Red Sox but all the numbers point against Peavy in this game.  Peavy has a 5.27 ERA on the road, 5.40 ERA in September, and 4.26 ERA against Tampa.  Hellickson has had a rough year but he has pitched better at home and has a 3.44 ERA against Boston. 

Red Sox vs. Rays over 7.5 -105 $525 to win $500
- My stronger play is on the over.  Both of these teams can hit, especially the Red Sox and I'm surprised the over/under isn't something like 8.5 or 9.  Yesterday, both pitchers pitched a great game and the total was still 9.  Today we see two pitchers who have struggled. 

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment