Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013 Sports Picks

Even though I went 4-2 for +280 I'm really frustrated with the Bills game last night.  I feel I was on the right side of this game but the injury to Manuel killed me.  That late game pick six cost me over $700.  I understand that stuff can happen and I'll move forward with some more great picks.  For today I'm going with these:

Pirates +125 $200 to win $250
- Pittsburgh looked really good against the Reds when they were home but were dominated against the Cardinals on the road in yesterday's loss.  For today, the Pirates are pitching Gerrit Cole and for anyone of you have read my analysis over the past month you know that I'm a huge fan of this youngster.  The guy is a big time pitcher and should thrive in this game.  He is 4-0 over his last four starts.  Lance Lynn has been inconsistent and can get hit hard.

Red Sox -139 $200 to win $145
- I really like Boston to win this series and even though Tampa Bay is good and should put up a fight I like Boston to win game one.  Jon Lester has been great this season and is 7-1 with a 3.09 ERA at home.  He is also much better in day games (2.84 ERA). Matt Moore has been very good lately but he hasn't been as good during day games (4.18 ERA) but other than that he has good numbers against the Red Sox and on the road.  I don't like that Boston had so many days off so that is why I'm going going $200. 

Tigers -123 $200 to win $163
- Max Scherzer is 21-3 with a 2.90 ERA on the season.  He is a lock for AL Cy Young.  He is also better on the road (2.28 ERA) and in night games (2.76).  For the A's, Colon has had an amazing season as well (18-6, 2.65 ERA).  His numbers are good at home and in night games.  This should be a low scoring tight game but the edge goes to Detroit because of Miguel Cabrera who should be the AL MVP.

Tigers vs. A's under 6.5 +105 $150 to win $157.50
- See my comments above.  After the long layoff it is likely the offenses will be off and both pitchers are very stingy.  

BYU +13.5 / Over 49 7 pt teaser $200 to win $154
-BYU really impressed me in their game against Texas but they have been flat since.  They do have the talent to keep this game close and I love going over in college football.  I think this game goes over 50. 

Nevada +6 -110 $110 to win $100
- Nevada hasn't been given any respect this year.  They have played well so I'm not sure why they haven't.  Nevada wins this game straight up.  

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment