Saturday, October 19, 2013

Red Sox Win

I just wanted to write a little on my observations with the Red Sox's win tonight.  This team was predicted to be fourth or fifth in their division and they really proved everyone wrong. I'm disappointed that Leyland took out Scherzer out in the 7th even though he had 110 pitches.  I'm sure Max isn't so happy that both games he pitched in the ALCS his team was up big when he came out and both times his team lost after the relief pitching blew it.  Two grand slams?? I'm a big fan of Veras and his curve is amazing but they should have let Max finish that inning.  Iglesias is horse shit.  I know he went 2 for 4 tonight but that error was a killer.  He plays like a cocky idiot and needs to be coached better.  Leyland doesn't coach so I can understand why he plays that way.  If I was manager I know I wouldn't play that kid.  I do like the lineup change however.  Play your best players at the top of the lineup.  Managers make a mistake of batting their best player fourth way too many times.  The top three hitters should be a team's best three hitters.  You want your best hitters getting the most at bats as possible.  Koji Uehara is amazing!  Who is this guy?  He was born in 1975 and has been in the MLB since 2009 and has pitched pretty well for most of his career.  Its just odd that a stud like this would just now make his name known to everyone.  He's one of the oldest players and finally has made a name for himself.  I'm guessing he played in Japan for a while but still.  Nice job.  I love Big Pappi and I don't like Pedroia.  Its really odd that hitters seem like they always slump during the postseason.  There's exceptions but look at all the players who played so well during the regular season who slumped now (Cabrera, Ortiz, Fielder, Infante, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Salty, Gomez, etc.   I understand once it gets colder the bats cool down but its very obvious. 

Also, I must say that Brandon Cooks is one of the best wide receivers I have seen this year in college football.  Nice job Oregon St!  I'm kicking myself for not going $1,000 on the -10.5 tonight.  The Mannion to Cooks combo is amazing this year.  Both guys should be in the NFL soon. Also, Oregon is unstoppable.  I really hope that we see Alabama vs. Oregon in National Championship this year.  Both teams are miles above everyone else (except maybe FSU). 

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment