Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 16, 2013 Sports Picks

Well I went big and lost again.  I went 2-2 yesterday for -1090.  My Tigers bet cost me 1,500.  They had their chances but couldn't push one run across.  What's up with Cabrera and Fielder?  Both struck out with a man on third.

Here's what I'm going with today:

Cardinals vs. Dodgers under 7 -115 $230 to win $200
- As the weather cools down so do the bats and we've seen many more low scoring games this post season.  Both Greinke and Kelly are pitching at a high level.  Kelly is coming off two quality starts and did pitch game one where the Cardinals won 3-2.  Kelly has a 2.07 ERA on the road.  Greinke is also coming off two strong starts this postseason and is better in day games (2.26 ERA) and at home (2.11 ERA).  Both teams have very good bullpens.

Red Sox +1.5 -200 $600 to win $300
- I've been wrong on a lot of baseball games lately and yesterday was the worst of it.  The team that is supposed to win has been losing.  For example, Wainwright vs. Ryu and Verlander vs. Lackey.  You wouldn't think that the winners would be Ryu and Lackey.  I'm not going to start going against my research however.  For tonight's game, the Red Sox are pitching Peavy who is coming off a great start on the road in Tampa.  Peavy was in control of the game and went 5.2 innings and gave up just 5 hits and 1 run.  The Tigers could not hit at all yesterday and I think that carries over to today.  Fister has been decent and is coming off a start where he went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs.  He has struggled against the Red Sox this year (5.23 ERA).  I just can't get past how poorly Miguel Cabrera is playing.  The best hitter in the game swung and missed on three fastballs.  That should not have happened.  He definitely is not at full strength and mentally he isn't as confident.  

Anaheim (NHL) -190 $380 to win $200
- I don't watch hockey but for some reason I do okay with it.  I also usually do one fantasy team each year and even though I don't know many players I have won my league every year for the past five years.  I know it sounds crazy but I ride the hot hand and I don't worry about who is supposed to be good.  The Ducks were one of the best teams last year and they carried that into this year as they started 4-1.  They've won three straight and beat New York 6-0 and Ottawa 4-1 in their last two.  Both were home games.  Calgary is 3-0-2 but their strength of schedule hasn't been as good and all their wins were by one goal. 

Jonny


No comments:

Post a Comment