Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013 Sports Picks

I had a great day yesterday going 4-1 for +581.  For Tuesday, we have one game on the board.  Reds at Pirates.  We finally start the MLB playoffs and even though I'm not a big fan of the one game playoff for the wild card teams it is still exciting and very entertaining.  Both the Reds and the Pirates have played very well all year and tonight's game is all that matters.  The pitching matchup is second to none with Cueto vs. Liriano.  I really hope Pittsburgh wins as I like their team better and Liriano has been money at home this year (1.47 ERA) and he is tough on left handed hitters (.131 batting average against) but I'm placing two bets:

Reds/Pirates under 6.5 -110 $330 to win $300
Reds +1.5 -200 $200 to win $100

I know the numbers say Liriano is the bomb and the Pirates are home, etc, etc but I just can't bet against Cueto.  Johnny Cueto is a big game pitcher and one of the best athletes in the game.  In his last start in Pittsburgh the man pitched eight innings and gave up just one hit and no runs.  This was back on May 31 so things are different now but that's a pretty impressive start.  Cueto is well rested and has pitched very well in his two starts since coming off the DL.  In those starts he pitched 12 innings, gave up 8 hits and 1 earned run.  Cueto has a career ERA of 2.37 against Pittsburgh.  Based on the numbers we should see a very low scoring game which should end at 2-1.  That happens I win both.

No NHL yet.  

Jonny

5 comments:

  1. Johnny, been following your picks. You have been on fire with baseball. You plan on making any series bets? If so, I would be interested in getting your take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally do series picks but yes I will try to remember to post my opinions on the series. It can be a little hard to predict because playoffs can be different than the regular season. Based on what I saw last night, home field advantage is pretty important. Pitching will beat hitting. I'm a huge fan of the Red Sox and think they will win it all but their pitching isn't as good as some of the other teams. Let me take a look starting tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jonny about what time do you post your picks. It's hard to check due to my work load

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post at various times depending on the day. Normally I post at 2pm Central Time but sometimes its in the AM. I'm in NYC this week so my picks have been posted at different times each day depending on when I'm available. Jonny

    ReplyDelete