Saturday, October 5, 2013

October 6, 2013 Sports Picks

I had another good day yesterday and finished 8-4 for +511.  I feel really good about my Red Sox bet as I knew Price would struggle in this game.  Boston's offense is so strong right now, especially at home.  I have liked David Ortiz all year and tonight he did me very good.  The Washington Huskies have very good coaching.  They saved their timeouts and gave their team a chance at the end.  Luckily Stanford pulled out the win.  For Sunday I have a lot of plays and feel very good about all of them.  Here they are:

NFL Early:
Chiefs -3 -110 $220 to win $200
- The Titan's starting quarterback is out and the Chiefs are playing at a high level.  I'm not super confident in this as Fitzpatrick is a wild card but I'll go with the odds in this situation.

Jacksonville +11.5 -110 $440 to win $400
- I know the Jags have been the worst team in the NFL but getting Blackmon back is huge and I really believe this game will be close and Jacksonville could win outright.  The Rams have been really bad so far this year so getting 11.5 points seems easy.

Patriots +8.5 / Indy +13 / Chicago +11 10 pt Teaser $400 to win $308
- New England surprised me last week in beating the Falcons in Atlanta and Cincinnatti disappointed me in losing to Cleveland.  Indianapolis beat San Fran in San Fran and Seattle doesn't play as well on the road.  Chicago is very good at home and New Orleans isn't nearly as good on the road.  They almost (and should have) lost against Tampa.

Green Bay / Denver Parlay $500 to win $334
- I think we all think Denver will win every game this year and Dallas isn't all that good.  The Packers are coming off a bye and haven't lost at home in 16 games.  They also haven't lost to Detroit at home in a long long time.

Green Bay -300 $600 to win $200
- Aaron Rogers at home coming off a bye.  Enough said.  

Rams / Packers Parlay $150 to win $87
- I'm doing this mainly as a hedge to my large Jacksonville +11.5 bet.  St. Louis should win a close one at home.

Eagles vs. Giants over 53.50 -110 $220 to win $200
- Both teams have bad defenses and pretty good offenses.  I see a lot of points scored in this one.  I'm surprised the over/under wasn't at least 58.

Baltimore +13 / Jacksonville +21.5 / Car + 8.5 10 pt teaser $350 to win $269
- The Ravens should keep the game close against Miami and Carolina should win outright against the crappy Cardinals.  Carolina won 31-0 against the Giants two weeks ago and they are coming off a bye. 

NFL Late:
Carolina -1.5 -115 $115 to win $100
- Carolina won big in their last game and are coming off a bye.  Arizona lost to the Rams, Saints and Tampa.

San Diego / Denver Parlay $200 to win $161
- The Chargers are underrated even though they have been playing very good ball so far this year.  Oakland is a wild card but so far they have struggled.  Denver is a lock this week.  They won't lose to Dallas.  Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time. 

Denver / SF Parlay $300 to win $225
- The 49ers had a few bad games but they have figured things out and are at home this week.  Houston has struggled a little this year and don't plays as well on the road.  I really do like Houston's team but San Fran is a super bowl favorite and needs to win this game.

Denver -400 $800 to win $200
- Denver has been playing better than any team in history up to this point and I don't think they take their foot off the gas just yet.  Dallas started off well but they looked very flat last week.

Raiders +4.5 -110 $165 to win $150
- I like Terrelle Pryor and I know he's a winner.  He can throw and run and will cause the Chargers problems in this game.  I still think San Diego wins but it should be a very close game. 

MLB:

Dodgers -150 $300 to win $200
- I think LA wins this series.  The Braves stole game 2 against Greinke but now they move to LA and the Braves are under .500 on the road.  Ryu has a 2.32 ERA at home and a 2.67 ERA in night games.  Teharan has a 4.44 ERA in September so he has fallen off a little from where he was earlier this season.  Plus LA has Hanley Ramirez who is awesome.

Pirates -155 $310 to win $200
- Liriano is very good at home (1.47 ERA).  He pitched as amazing game on Tuesday against the Reds and I don't think anything will be different on Sunday.  The Cardinals don't hit Lefties as well.  Joe Kelly as been good this year but he really shouldn't be starting in the playoffs.  He was supposed to be in the bullpen so I'm not sure what changed.  He is the type of guy that should be in the bullpen.  Big mistake Cardinals.

Pirates vs. Cardinals under 6.5 +105 $200 to win $210
- Liriano is lights out at home and Kelly has pitched very well pretty much all year.  I really like the under in this game but can't go too crazy as both teams can hit. 

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment